Dr Alexandr Simonov:email@example.com
A unique opportunity exists for gifted candidates interested in undertaking PhD in the field of materials and physical chemistry at Monash University under the supervision of Dr. Alexandr N. Simonov and Prof. Douglas R. Macfarlane within our global international research program funded by the Australian Government.
PhD projects currently available are in the fields of:
(i) water electrolysis for the renewable hydrogen production
(ii) dinitrogen reduction for the sustainable ammonia synthesis, and
(iii) chlorine evolution reaction for sanitisation applications.
The projects will majorly focus on the design and characterisation of new efficient and robust electrocatalysts, and methods for their immobilisation on suitable electrode supports. One of the anticipated outcomes of the projects will be the demonstration of the catalyst performance and durability at the industrial level in laboratory prototype electrolysers.
The essential selection criteria are as follows:
- Successful applicants will have an excellent academic track record in chemistry or materials science.
- An Honours or Masters degree with H1 or equivalent is essential.
- A strong interest in physical and materials chemistry at university level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to plan, organise and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Evidence of data analysis and interpretation skills; experience in statistical analysis is desirable.
- Some experience or understanding of qualitative research would be an advantage.
- Candidates will be required to meet Monash entry requirements (including English-language skills).
- Scholarship holders must be enrolled full-time and on-campus.
Location: Monash University, Clayton campus
Duration: 3 year scholarship, full-time hours
Remuneration: $27,872 per annum full-time rate (tax-free stipend for 3 years)
Enquiries and to Apply
For more information and to apply for this opportunity please contact Dr Alexandr Simonov, Lecturer, School of Chemistry, Monash University at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the following documents as PDF attachments:
- Cover letter (1 A4 page maximum)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 A4 pages maximum) and list of publications
- Copy of academic transcripts (university level qualifications)
- For international applicants, IELTS test results (>6.0 score)
- Closing date for EOI: Monday 11 March 2019, 11:55 pm AEDT
Funded by The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)