Dr Haijin Zhu:email@example.com
ACES is currently seeking students to undertake placements as part of their 2019 Summer Scholarship Program at our Deakin University node.
Students will have the opportunity to work full time on a specific project for 10 weeks and will receive a payment of $5000. These placements will commence late November 2019. Students will required to attend in person at the Institute for Frontier Materials for 7.35 hours per day between the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday for the duration of 10 weeks – an exception will apply for the Christmas Shutdown period from 23rd December 2019 to 2nd January 2020.
We have three projects on offer:
- Recovery of valuable metals from electronic waste
- Study current literature and methods relevant to the area of responsibilities
- Undertake experimental design and operation of laboratory and technical equipment
- Conduct research and analysis
- Provide a 2000 word written report on the research outcomes
- Follow safe work procedures and instructions
- Participate in regular meetings with supervisor or other relevant team members
- Use initiative and work well within a team setting
- Can-do attitude
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Excellent problem solving
- Team work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- These roles are suitable for students from Engineering and Science backgrounds.
- Both Domestic and International students are eligible to apply for these opportunities.
Closing date is 15 November.